Cultivating Connections with the Earth
Hands to Earth:
- Provides information and inspiration about educational experiences that will help ensure a sustainable future.
- Helps create programs that raise environmental awareness while improving environmental health.
- Maintains public school composting and organic gardening programs which have become models for schools throughout New England.
- Advises your school in creating such programs at minimal cost, but with maximum benefit to your community.
- Provides suggestions for funding your project through grants, financial and in-kind donations.
- Offers internships in sustainability and environmental education to college students and life-long learners.
Whether at the community level or in our own back yards, composting and organic gardening are simple ways to remind us of our role in the life cycle and our place in the natural environment.
We also offer ideas and advice on place-based learning; exploring how we interact with the land we live on, past and present, to nurture an awareness of our interdependence with nature.
Hands to Earth Philosophy:
The Hands to Earth philosophy views the environment as a relationship rather than as a place: the relationship between living things and their surroundings. With this in mind, we can educate for a sustainable future by cultivating that relationship between people and their surroundings.